Saturday, August 2, 2008

Chapter One, Part One - The note

Please meet me at 8:00pm in front of the fountain. We need to talk. I reread the note again. I'm not sure why I feel so anxious when I read his words. He never was the best printer but seeing his round, boyish letters written on this little card makes me feel heavy with something that I can't explain. Why does he still have that affect on me after such a long time? I can still feel how his hands felt on my skin, touching under my arm and telling me how soft my skin is there. His boyish smile, his laugh...the memory of both leave me with a sense of deep longing, like I've never felt since.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Should the author of the letter be an old friend from the past, an old flame, married, single, dead?

Should the main character be presently meeting the author or should this be a note she found in a box somewhere and is only remembering the past?

You get to decide. As we go further along with the story the segments will get longer.

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

I think an old flame and the character is meeting the author. Let's go for the goods on this one. : )

LLG said...

I think the author of the letter should be someone who found the letter and is remembering the past..perahps the author goes in search for their lost love. they got seperated and that letter was the only thing left to remember them by

Lou said...

My vote is for a long lost love. Some one from years past who has all of a sudden re-surfaced, leaving the main character confused but excited.

The Original Princess said...

An old flame please.